Shower flooring material is an important consideration in bathroom remodels. To ensure safety, comfort, and convenience, you should opt for materials that are non-porous with finishes that are non-slip. Grout lines should also be easy to clean and keep mold-free.
In this post, bathroom and kitchen remodeling expert Concept Bath Systems share the best materials for shower flooring.
Natural stone and water complement each other. That is why this material is often regarded as a top choice for shower flooring. Marble, granite and slate are just some of the best natural stone options.
- Marble – is perfect for creating a luxurious vibe. It can be made into various tile sizes, but it can also be prone to stains, scratches or even rust.
- Granite – is a highly durable material that is ideal for modern showers. It is available in different colors, patterns and veining options, ensuring the best aesthetic for your bathroom.
- Slate – is the most commonly used stone for showers. As long as it is sealed correctly, you can count on it to be extremely durable and low-maintenance.
Bathroom remodeling experts also recommend ceramic and porcelain tiles, which have been the standard in bathrooms.
- Ceramic – is a great option for homeowners who are working on a tight budget. It is durable and easy to install, and it absorbs more than 0.5% water.
- Porcelain – is impressively waterproof and scratch and chemical-resistant. It absorbs less than 0.5% water, making it an ideal choice for humid and small bathrooms.
Apart from natural stone and tile flooring, concrete has also become a popular shower flooring option. It offers durability and a great look, although you will need to have it resealed and maintained regularly to avoid water damage.
Concept Bath Systems is a family-owned and operated company that specializes in kitchen and bathroom remodels. From sturdy countertops to custom shower floors, we can ensure exceptional quality. Call us at (563) 344-9138 or fill out our contact form to request a free estimate.